Do you want to make a difference and help save lives? We at Defendry are on a mission to address the current active shooter epidemic by doing what we do best — creating tech solutions. We’re searching for people who share our same passion.
You will be joining a fast-paced, dynamic environment and product team, working with top talent in the fields of Data Science / Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, App Development and Integration (IoT, Drones, Security Systems).
We are expanding our product team across all facets of the Defendry tech stack, which includes:
- Edge technology installed at schools, businesses, churches, etc. where we use Artificial Intelligence to monitor security camera feeds and detect threats. We also use sensors to “listen” for threats.
- A cloud environment for registering edge computers and devices, remotely distributing software, monitoring health of edge devices.
- Cloud services and web applications for managing customers, customer locations, and partners.
- Integration services between the Defendry Cloud and customer or government mass notification systems, as well as top Security Monitoring companies, where we put detected threats in front of a trained agent, and ultimately the proper emergency response team.
- Building/enhancing mobile application(s) that provide incident notifications, allows people to report potential threats, and aid for first responders.
A successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building production software products in more than one programming language
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Extensive knowledge of data structures, design, algorithms, and coding
Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Open source frameworks – especially maintaining or contributing to open source projects!
- Relational and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, redis, Couchbase, or Cassandra.
- Designing and developing REST (or even better, gRPC) APIs for high volume clients.
- Using continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Gitlab CI).
- Managing container and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and Caffe.
- Azure (preferred) and/or AWS/Google cloud resource management and distribution
- Controlling or monitoring IoT devices and/or drones